1. Qualify for Free or Low-cost Washington Apple Health
You can apply for free or low-cost Washington Apple Health coverage any time, all year. If you qualify, you can enroll immediately.
2. Qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
You may qualify for a special enrollment period if you or anyone in your household had certain life changes in the past 60 days.
Examples of a life change:
- Got married
- Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care
- Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance. (Divorce or legal separation without losing coverage doesn’t qualify you for a special enrollment period.)
- Loss of member in your household. You’ll be eligible for a special enrollment period if someone dies and as a result you’re no longer eligible for your current health plan
- Moving from a location outside of Washington state or moved counties within Washington State
- Tribal membership
- Getting released from jail or prison
- A change in citizenship or lawful presence status
- Loss of other health coverage
- Other life change
Get started! See what you qualify for.