Gather Your Information
Before you start your application, gather the information below for all household members applying for coverage:
- Legal names
- Birth dates
- Social Security numbers
- Income before taxes/deductions
- Tax filing status (this is what you report on your IRS tax return)
- Proof of income (if your income has changed since you last filed taxes)
- Current health insurance information (coverage dates, group number, policy number)
- Proof of immigration status if you’re a legal permanent resident
- Proof of tribal status if you’re a registered American Indian/Alaska Native
Make sure you add all household members, even if they don’t need coverage. This information helps us determine if you’re eligible for free or low-cost health insurance.
Download a checklist of information you will need to apply.
You can get free, in-person help from a navigator or broker. They can help you fill out the application and enroll in coverage. Search for a navigator or broker by your zip code or language preference.
You can also call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633 for help with the application process.
When you’re ready to apply, set up an account on Washington Healthplanfinder. Use the information you gathered to fill out the application. Check out quick tips to help you complete the application.
After you submit your application, you’ll find out if you qualify for a Qualified Health Plan, tax credits, or free coverage through Washington Apple Health.
Pick a Plan
Next, search for a plan that fits your budget and needs.
- Click “Health Care Provider” to search for plans where your doctor is in-network.
- Customize your search by filtering plans by premium, deductible, out-of-pocket maximum, insurance company, metal level, and more.
- Compare up to 3 plans at once.
You Are Covered!
Once you’ve finalized your plan and paid your first bill, you’ll get information from your insurance company about your new coverage. Find out how to pay your insurance company.