FAQs | Washington Healthplanfinder

Looking for help with your tax form? Get help today.


How Do I View My 1095-A Tax Form? 

Sign in to your account and select Message Center to view your tax form.

Customers enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan will receive a 1095-A tax form in the mail and message center by early February. If you were enrolled in more than one plan during the year, you’ll get a 1095-A for each plan. Customers enrolled in a catastrophic health plan will not receive a 1095-A. 

Sign In and View

You can also go to or download the WaPlanfinder mobile app and select Message Center to view your tax form.

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon

More Information on 1095-A Tax Form


How Do I View My 1095-B Tax Form?  

Everyone who receives minimum essential Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage for one or more months of the last tax year will receive an IRS tax form 1095-B. The form is not available in your message center on Washington Healthplanfinder. Request a copy of your 1095-B from Health Care Authority below. 

Request Your 1095-B

More Information on 1095-B Tax Form


If I Received a 1095-A, What Forms Do I Need to Submit with My Tax Return?

Use your 1095-A to complete IRS Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.

Download 8962 Tax Form

If you used tax credits to lower the cost of your monthly premium, or you’d like to claim your tax credit as a lump sum, you must file a federal tax return and attach Form 8962.

When you file your tax return, you must use IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040NR. 

Notice: You can’t file with Form 1040EZ.

If you have questions, contact a tax professional, broker, your local library, or the IRS.

IMPORTANT! If you don’t file your taxes correctly and on time, you may not be eligible to get tax credits in future years.


What is IRS Form 8962 (Premium Tax Credit)?

You’ll use the information on your 1095-A to complete Form 8962 when you file your taxes. 

Download 8962 Tax Form


How Can I Get My 1095-A?

You can view or print a digital copy of your 1095-A by signing in to your account and going to your Message Center. Or, download the WAPlanfinder mobile app available in the App Store and Google Play.

You will only receive a paper copy of your 1095-A in the mail from Washington Healthplanfinder if you have signed up for mail notification through your account.

If you’re having trouble viewing your Washington Healthplanfinder messages, including your 1095-A, try updating your internet browser or using a different browser (for example, Chrome).

Get Your 1095-A Tax Form


What if Information is Incorrect or Missing From My 1095-A?

The most common reasons a 1095-A needs to be updated include:

  • Incorrect coverage dates (start date, end date, number of months covered, etc.)
  • Incorrect tax credit amount

If you think there’s an error on your 1095-A, submit a correction request online.

Please note:

  • You don’t need to submit a correction request if your name or a household member’s name is spelled incorrectly, or if an incorrect physical address is listed on your 1095-A. This information can be updated when you file your tax return.
  • Any changes to your household size that you forgot to update can be updated using Form 8962.


What if Information is Incorrect or Missing From My 1095-B?

Contact the Health Care Authority’s Medical Assistance Customer Service Center to speak directly to a
customer service representative at: 1-800-562-3022.


How Do I Renew My Coverage? 

Washington Apple Health renewal occurs all year-round. You can expect to get a letter about your annual renewal with important deadline information. 

Renew Washington Apple Health Online
Sign in to your account to renew your free or low-cost Washington Apple Health coverage. 

Sign In


Renew Washington Apple Health In-Person

Get in-person help from a Navigator or Broker.

Navigators are trained to help you complete an application and answer any questions as you enroll. You can get help in-person and over-the-phone from a Navigator.

Find a Navigator Near You

Registered brokers are licensed professionals that often live in and support their local communities. Brokers can help you fill out the application and can recommend a plan for you. Brokers may charge a small fee, unless they help you enroll into a Washington Apple Health plan.

Find a Broker Near You


Renew your Washington Apple Health through the WAPlanfinder app
Download our mobile app, WAPlanfinder, and renew directly from your phone.

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon


Renew your Washington Apple Health Over-the-Phone
Contact customer support toll-free at 1-855-923-4633
TTY/TDD 1-855-627-9604


The Renewal period for 2019 Qualified Health Plan coverage has ended.
You may still qualify for a special enrollment period or Washington Apple Health if you had certain life changes.

See if You're Eligible


How Do I Reset My Password?

  1. Click "Sign In"
  2. Select "Forgot Your Password"

Sign In

Password Tips:

  • You'll need to make your password at least 8 characters long.
  • You can't use a previous password.

Our password requirements have been tough – that’s because Washington Healthplanfinder keeps some sensitive information. But after many of you noted to us that the password rules were too strict and that your password expires too quickly, we’ve made some changes.

Now, when you create or update your password, you can’t use a previous password and you’ll need to make it at least 8 characters long. That’s it. No more need for at least one uppercase character, lowercase character, special character, or any other special rule. It’s all up to you! And, we’ve provided a handy password strength indicator to help.

The best part? Your password no longer expires. Ever.


How Do I Report a Change?

  • To update your account information, sign in to your account and select “Report a Change”.
  • Answer the questions that apply to you and follow the pages to update your information.
  • You can do this at wahealthplanfinder.org or through WAPlanfinder, our mobile app.
  • Make sure to finish the application by electronically signing and submitting it to apply the changes.

Sign In


Washington Apple Health Changes
In addition to reporting a change through your account, Washington Apple Health clients can report changes by emailing AskMAGI@hca.wa.gov or calling 1-800-562-3022.


Eligibility Can Change
After you make your updates and submit your application, you’ll get a new eligibility result that will explain:


What You Need to Know
For Washington Apple Health, you must report changes by the 10th of the month after the change occurred.
For other plans, you must report changes to your account by the 15th of the month for your coverage to begin the next month.


Why it's important to report changes

  • If your income estimate goes up or you lose a household member:
    • You may qualify for less savings than you’re getting now. If you don’t report the change, you could have to pay money back when you file your federal tax return.
  • If your income estimate goes down or you gain a household member:
    • You could qualify for more savings than you’re getting now. This could lower what you pay in monthly premiums.
    • You could qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Washington Apple Health


Download the WAPlanfinder App to Update Your Information

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon


How Do I Cancel my Coverage?

Cancel for all household members
If you want to cancel coverage for all household members, click “Cancel Coverage” under “My Coverage” on your dashboard.


Cancel for some household members
If you want to cancel coverage for someone in your household, click “Report a Change in Income or Household.”
Update which household member should be removed from coverage and resubmit your application.


Cancel Washington Apple Health
If you want to cancel your Washington Apple Health coverage, call the Washington State Health Care Authority at 1-855-923-4633.

Sign In


If you need help, call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.



How Do I Submit a Document?

Use the WAPlanfinder Mobile App
Download our mobile app to submit your documents with the snap of a photo. Sign in to your account, go to Document Center, upload your documents and you’re done.

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon


Submit your documents by visiting your account.

Sign In


Fax or Mail
You can also fax or mail a copy of your documents. We can’t return original copies to you.
Mailing documents will delay processing.

Fax number:

Washington Healthplanfinder
P.O. Box 946, Olympia, WA 98507

IMPORTANT! Don’t mail your documents if your deadline is less than 2 weeks away.>


Washington Apple Health clients can also turn in documents in these additional ways:


Fax number:
Upload Your Documents Online
Learn More About Documents Needed


What is a Special Enrollment Period? 

A special enrollment period (SEP) is a time outside the yearly open enrollment period when you can sign up for qualified health and dental coverage. You qualify for a special enrollment period if you’ve had certain life events, including losing health coverage, moving, getting married, having a baby, or adopting a child. The special enrollment period does not apply to free or low-cost Washington Apple Health coverage. If you qualify, you can get free or low-cost coverage Washington Apple Health year-round.

If you qualify for an SEP, you usually have up to 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan. If you miss that window, you have to wait until the next open enrollment period to apply.

You may qualify for a special enrollment period if you or anyone in your household had certain life changes in the past 60 days:

  • Got married
  • Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care
  • Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance. (Divorce or legal separation without losing coverage doesn’t qualify you for a special enrollment period.)
  • Loss of member in your household. You’ll be eligible for a special enrollment period if someone dies and as a result you’re no longer eligible for your current health plan
  • Moving from a location outside of Washington state or moved counties within Washington State
  • Tribal membership
  • Getting released from jail or prison
  • A change in citizenship or lawful presence status
  • Loss of other health coverage
  • Other life change

See if You Qualify 


Not what you were looking for? Go back.